GDPR: DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CLIENTS AND SUPPLIERS
The Mill Co Project (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”)
Data Controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data Processor – A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data Subject – Natural person
Categories of Data: Personal data a special categories of personal data
Personal Data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Processing – means an operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third Party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Who We Are?
Mill Co. is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are [email protected] For all data matters contact [email protected]
- The Purpose(s) Of Processing Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Responding to enquiries
Marketing and advertising
- The Categories Of Personal Data Concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal Data : Name, Address, Business Address, Phone Number, Email Address, IP Address, Business Bank Details
We have obtained your personal data from our website, via signing up for your tenancy or via the sign-up form for the newsletter on our website.
- What Is Our Legal Basis For Processing Your Personal Data?
- Personal Data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
• Consent of the data subject;
Click box on the website to confirm you would like to receive occasional newsletters.
Click box on the website at point of purchase
• Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
To provide services, bookings, events and invoicing.
• Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
• Processing necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
• Processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
• Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the data subject
- Sharing Your Personal Data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with Mill Co. data controller and occasionally staff in order to respond to enquiries.
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
When signing up for a service we will keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary in order to provide you with the service you have requested and to respond to any questions and enquiries.
If you signed up to our mailing list, we will keep your email address until you let us know that you would no longer like to receive newsletters, or unsubscribe from the newsletter.
If you have signed up to our mailing list, we will keep your email address until you like us know that you would no longer like to receive newsletters, or unsubscribe from the unsubscribe from the newsletter. We will check that you still wish to receive newsletters every now and then as standard. At this point you will not receive any further communication from us unless you re-sign up to our mailing list.
- Providing Us with Your Personal Data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to do so will have the following consequences: We will be unable to provide you with the requested services. We will be unable to process your order. We ill be unable to let you know about services and changes and opportunities.
- Your Rights and Your Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
* The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable, i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics)
- Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.
- Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
- Further Processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- How to Make A Complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Protection Officer on [email protected]
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email http://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.